Youth-led programmes aimed at empowering people to become agents of change particularly in developing countries, with the confidence to use technology for entrepreneurial, community, educational and personal development.
- During his or her tenure, each intern trains 100 to 200 other young people.
- In total, DOT has mobilised 6,000 young people as interns and trained or created opportunities for 1 million.
- 90% of DOT interns have gone on to secure employment or start and expand their businesses following their internship.
- Participants report improvements in both their professional and leadership skills.
- 71% of participants report an increase in income.
Global Agenda Council on Emerging Multinationals, World Economic Forum (2014). Africa’s Most Influential Women in Business and Government (2014). Social Entrepreneur of the Year by Schwab Foundation (2013). Ashoka Fellowship (2013).