A programme that aims to foster the personal development and social integration of marginalised children and youth, through strengthening their literacy skills, building their self-esteem and integrating community support.
- Excellence in Literacy Foundation programmes have reached 70,000 children and youth across Canada.
- Sage Youth programmes have 0% dropout rates.
- Students with exceptionalities increase their literacy skills by an average of 199% in 14 months.
- Students from low-income communities reach a 226% increase in 16 months.
- After less than a month, newcomer refugee students more than double their literacy skills.
Usha Tamba Dhar, Excellence in Literacy Foundation (ELF).
Ashoka Fellowship (2010).