Model for recycling difficult-to-manage waste through an innovative system that promotes a high involvement of citizens in the recycling process and involves waste-generating companies through specific programmes.
Since its creation in 2001, it has achieved impressive figures:
- More than 28 million people involved in the collection of waste.
- More than 2,600 million units of waste recovered, avoiding them being deposited in landfills.
- More than $6 million devoted to charitable projects.
- Present in 22 countries and with over 100 partner companies.
- The commitment to "up-cycling" multiplies more than 15 times the potential savings in carbon emissions relative to a traditional recycling process.