Prolongs the learning process after secondary school, promoting innovative state schools that integrate technical and academic education. Students develop projects that enable them to acquire academic, occupational and social skills; preparing them for both the workplace and for university entrance exams.
- It is a network of 12 schools that has benefited 5,200 students.
- 98% of graduates have gone to university, 75% of which were enrolled in four-year in-person courses at various universities.
- Over 30% of students at High Tech High (HTH) choose careers in maths or science (compared to the national rate of 17%).
- HTH African-American students outperform their peers from the district and throughout the state by a wide margin in terms of exam results.
- Through the programme of academic placements, HTH students have completed over 1,000 placements in more than 300 businesses and agencies in the community.